HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duo Cultellus
Admin

PostSubject: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:19 pm

I dunno, just a thought. Some of the armor and all that stuff for some of the classes just looks kinda... Meh. Like the Archer. Just looks bad, in my opinion, and it's one of the only things that make me second-guess XIV. I just don't see the Archer's outfits fitting into the world I expect XIV to be... But that's just me.
I'm also slightly bugged by the full-blown, mask/helmet Gladiator, but I can learn to accept that.
Not TOO worried, but those are just a few little things that cause little twinges of doubt in the back of my head. I'm sure everyone's got those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aethyrnet.web-rpg.org
Zzgashi

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:24 pm

I actually really like most of the armor I have seen. It looks more reasonable and realistic than most games while still being ornate fancy videogame stuff. At least it's not HD sublingars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SonicDoughnut

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:04 pm

Zzgashi wrote:
At least it's not HD sublingars.

You say that as if it's a good thing.

Anyway. I am liking the armors that have been shown so far. Some of them look more like regular clothes than armor but that doesn't automatically default it to bad.

Also I really like the full helmet gladiator armor.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:38 pm

I love the look of the armor so far but I can see where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
Iron Chef Wookie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:20 pm

i like the archers armor..they look like archers.. not soem flat chested girl wearing thigh high boots, diegaea archers, but more the robin hood sort. im sure there will be more of an armor selection. but i like it all, and what the world will be like, and what you want it to be like are two different things, though hopefully there close enough to keep folks playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
trollcat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:21 pm

there's always the possibility that it's just low level armor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duo Cultellus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 am

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. When you think about it, some of the earlier equipment in XI was fucking ridiculous.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
trollcat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:22 am

Duo Cultellus wrote:
Yeah, that's what I'm hoping. When you think about it, some of the earlier equipment in XI was fucking ridiculous.
Spoiler:

haado gay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duo Cultellus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 am

trollcat wrote:

haado gay
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Iron Chef Wookie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:44 am

Duo Cultellus wrote:
trollcat wrote:

haado gay
Spoiler:

Cool duo, i been working bike week here in daytona seen a few guys with the same hat as you are wearing in the picture.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duo Cultellus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 am

Iron Chef Wookie wrote:

Cool duo, i been working bike week here in daytona seen a few guys with the same hat as you are wearing in the picture.
I suppose the phrase, "I'm big in Japan." is perfect for these circumstances, then.
Back to top Go down
Iron Chef Wookie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:17 am

Duo Cultellus wrote:
Iron Chef Wookie wrote:

I suppose the phrase, "I'm big in Japan." is perfect for these circumstances, then.
supposedly all Americans are if south parks anything to go by. But hopefully on march 11th we'll see what the starting armors are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Duo Cultellus
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:22 am

Iron Chef Wookie wrote:
Duo Cultellus wrote:
Iron Chef Wookie wrote:

supposedly all Americans are if south parks anything to go by. But hopefully on march 11th we'll see what the starting armors are.
March 11 beta was confirmed as a faulty translation, unfortunately.
http://www.eorzeapedia.com/2010/02/28/famitsu-via-andriasang-clairifies-alphabeta-timing-a-bit-2/
Back to top Go down
Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 pm

I love how the armor actually looks like it fits somewhat within the constraints of reality instead of being HURR DURR GIGANTIC TOWER SHOULDERS WITH LIGHTNING RODS ON THEM
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GoldenDragon

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:31 pm

The armor that the characters are wearing in those super high quality renders look pretty cool to me imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Wizard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Armor is fine. It's just super-glorified realistic armor. Just super shiny
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.cia.gov/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?   

Back to top Go down

Anyone else a bit iffy about some of the armor and such..?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1