HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What do you think of Cerberus

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zzgashi

PostSubject: What do you think of Cerberus   Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:53 am

We need some discussion up in this bitch. What do you think of Cerberus? Good/Bad?
Here's a little something I wrote on the Bioware forums. Got a little emotional.

It's a stupid organization lead by a bad man. No wonder your operatives keep doing crazy shit that gives you negative press if you don't hold anybody accountable, that's what happens when you organize them into terrorist-like cells. I remember ME1, assassinating alliance military officers, torture, bio engineered Rachni used as weapons, and I assume the crazy shit I saw was just the tip of the iceberg.

Then there's the Illusive Man, who just seems ok with all of it. "Diplomacy only works when everybody doesn't already view you as a threat" WAY TO THROW AWAY YOUR OPTIONS RIGHT AWAY ASSHAT. You need diplomacy in this universe. You aren't going to out spy the Salarians, you aren't going to outlive the Asari, you aren't going to out shoot the Turrians, and you sure as hell aren't going to out headbutt the Krogans. There is no way I could possibly trust this man with the future of mankind. Is it because I think he is evil or anything? No, he is just incompetent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnFordColey

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Cerberus   Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:29 pm

The Illusive Man believes he has the wisdom to handle a weapon of that magnitude. He does not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ArkkNine

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Cerberus   Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:10 am

If you talk to him about Cerberus' past experiments with rachni and thorian creepers, he provides some decent reasoning. In their time, rachni were deadly warriors. Hell, they almost wiped out the galaxy. If the Alliance could have just 12 rachni soldiers fighting on the ground, they could probably save the lives of one hundred men and women. And they'd be much cheaper to produce than regular soldiers. The problem was they weren't controllable, so the project was scrapped. Same with the Thorian Creepers (which, by the way, are hatch directly from the thorian and are not mutated humans). They had, in fact, managed to tame several creepers and were planning on using them in war until the thorian died and the creepers went crazy.

I'll admit that the Thresher Maw tests on Kohoku's men were kinda fucked up (sending men to certain death just to see how the Maw fights), and they murdered Kohoku because he dug too deep and threatened to expose Cerberus. But together, these are only like 12 men. A very small loss compared to the billions of humans in the galaxy. I think cerberus wasn't as defined in 1 as it is in 2, so they added a lot of this to make them seem more sinister, but they're really working for the greater good of humanity. Ultimately, the only thing that matters is survival, and if a few people have to die to save billions, so be it. The Illusive Man's intelligent enough to run this organization well.

The problem, however, is that the Illusive Man wants to put the galaxy in complete human control. One individual will not outlive an asari, but it doesn't matter who lives longer as long as someone will replace the dead. The humans are newcomers to the galactic "scene," and trying to take over the galaxy, while unfair to the other races of course, will spark all-out galactic war. A war will lead to casualties of all races, including humans, and would last a long time, considering the number of races, factions, and individuals in the galaxy. Ultimately, it might end up destroying the galaxy or, much more likely, the Reapers will take advantage of the dividedness and kill everyone.

As JFC said above, he does not have the wisdom handle the situation, despite his talk of the greater good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of Cerberus   

Back to top Go down

What do you think of Cerberus
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1